Beautiful Russia!

Beautiful Russia!


Our great friend, Roma made dinner for us!

Our great friend, Roma made dinner for us!

Elder Rasmussen is very excited to see real food!

Elder Rasmussen is very excited to see real food!


Companion and friend, Elder Jake Rasmussen

Companion and friend, Elder Jake Rasmussen


Trifecta's Last Time In Estonia

Trifecta's Last Time In Estonia

With my wonderful friend, Faik.

With my wonderful friend, Faik.

Sunrise, at One P.M.

Sunrise, at One P.M.

Petrozadovsk District

Petrozadovsk District

Lake at Petrozavodsk

Lake at Petrozavodsk


North Zone Conference Nov. 2011

North Zone Conference Nov. 2011

Thanksgiving Dinner 2011

Thanksgiving Dinner 2011

First Zone Conference with President Clark

First Zone Conference with President Clark

Neva River Fall 2011

Neva River Fall 2011

Visa trip, Oct 1st 2011

Visa trip, Oct 1st 2011

Oh my aching jaw...

Oh my aching jaw...

Hermitage Museum on P-day!

Hermitage Museum on P-day!

Me, Svetlana and Elder Loskutov

Me, Svetlana and Elder Loskutov

Birthday lunch with Kostya

Birthday lunch with Kostya

My friend, Grisha

My friend, Grisha

Service for Babushka

Service for Babushka

MTC Missionaries in Estonia

MTC Missionaries in Estonia

Waiting in Estonia...

Waiting in Estonia...


Visit from Elder Russell M. Nelson

Visit from Elder Russell M. Nelson

Elders Larsen and Anthony

Elders Larsen and Anthony

Our MTC teacher surprise visit!

Our MTC teacher surprise visit!


Podvodov family gave powerful talks!

Podvodov family gave powerful talks!
Pskov, Russia Branch


Vyborg Castle

Vyborg Castle

St Olaf's Castle Where We Do Service Work

St Olaf's Castle Where We Do Service Work

Beautiful Vyborg on the Sea of Finland

Beautiful Vyborg on the Sea of Finland

Vyborg

Vyborg

Misty day in Kaliningrad

Misty day in Kaliningrad

Kaliningrad District May 2010

Kaliningrad District May 2010

Russian MTC Group

Russian MTC Group

Russian MTC Zone at Provo Temple

Russian MTC Zone at Provo Temple

27 January 2011

Last week's email...

Elder Bervan is feeling much better now, so I know that your prayers helped him. No I didn't get sick either. It's crazy, before my mission I used to get sick with migraines all the time, but when I got set apart, President Eckman blessed me to be healthy during my mission. In the MTC, I got a bad migraine and Elder Andersen blessed me to not have migraines on my mission, and now the only thing that I have had on my mission is a head cold that didn't really even make me feel sick, but was just a little annoying.

I'm glad Lee got my card! I wasn't sure if I had put enough postage on it. I will be sending one soon for Dad's birthday, too, so be ready! ha ha. Maybe this time I won't translate the Russian on it and that will be your Russian homework assignment. ha ha.

The weather here in Petergof is still pretty cold, but it's warmed up a little bit than it has been.  Everyone always says they get a warm spell, and then the coldest part of winter comes at end of Januray or early February, so we'll be looking to see that. I want to see it! Bring it on! Those thermals that you sent are really good, lots better than the Under Armour. They were made more for standing and walking and I think the Under Armour is more for running. I haven't been wearing the 180's because I need to wear a hat to cover my head, and if I wear both it's too hot. They will definitely be worn when it is warmer.

Elder Bervan is a sweet companion! We have alot in common, and he has a good sense of humor. He works hard, speaks Russian WAY good, and just is a good missionary/person in general. We like all the same kind of music, hobbies, movies etc, too. He is very easy to get a long with and we are having a good time.  We haven't really been able to meet with any investigators yet due to the Elder Bervan was sick, I had to go for visa trip, and we had a missionary training in Pete's on Tuesday. We have a meeting with Alexander tommorrow though, so pray for Alexander and for us to be able to help him.

The scriptures you sent for Noble got here, but another missionary's mom sent some too, so the one's you sent are being given to another African here. (I think his name is Cheapo. no joke that is his name) Either way, they are being given to someone who needs them and will use them. :)

Poor Forest! Why is the surgery so expensive for his hip?  Forest is a tough dog, so he will be okay. Who knows, it might get better on it's own soon. Just gotta have faith to heal! (I hope you can teach a dog to have faith. The Gospel is for every creature you know)

That's crazy to think that Elders Poulson and McCleary are going home so soon! Elder Poulson trained me and Elder McCleary trained Elder Andersen... I remember being with him and him saying that is was his year mark, and I thought that was so long still to go and now he's already going home... Crazy. Are you going to go to Washington to hear Elder McCleary?

Time sure is flying by, and I will be home before you know it!  Soon it will be my year mark on my mission... What is going on? ha ha.  Time sure is a precious gift that we need to learn how to use while we are here on this earth. I don't think I realized that until I came on my mission.

 I've learned a lot of things on my mission, but it would take to long to write them, but all the things I have learned stems from the facts that God is our Heavenly Father and He loves us! He made a plan to learn and grow on this earth, He never does anything to hinder us, but only to help us grow. He knows everything and He is always there, even when we feel like we are far from Him. He loves us so much! He gave us the agency and ability to chose for ourselves, which means we have the ability in participating in our own creation... WE get to choose who we will become.  If we want to become a Son or  Daughter of God. If we follow His teachings, we talk with our Father through prayer, and we apply the things He tells us in our lives, just like a father here on earth teaches his kid to ride a bike or helps a baby learn to walk. I hope that someday I will learn to walk like God. Sin makes us crawl though, and we need to everyday repent of our sins, and ask our Father to help us stand, and to support us as we walk.


 Keep Smiling! Peace be with you! Be of Good Cheer!


Love,
Blake.

No comments:

Post a Comment