Beautiful Russia!

Beautiful Russia!


Our great friend, Roma made dinner for us!

Our great friend, Roma made dinner for us!

Elder Rasmussen is very excited to see real food!

Elder Rasmussen is very excited to see real food!


Companion and friend, Elder Jake Rasmussen

Companion and friend, Elder Jake Rasmussen


Trifecta's Last Time In Estonia

Trifecta's Last Time In Estonia

With my wonderful friend, Faik.

With my wonderful friend, Faik.

Sunrise, at One P.M.

Sunrise, at One P.M.

Petrozadovsk District

Petrozadovsk District

Lake at Petrozavodsk

Lake at Petrozavodsk


North Zone Conference Nov. 2011

North Zone Conference Nov. 2011

Thanksgiving Dinner 2011

Thanksgiving Dinner 2011

First Zone Conference with President Clark

First Zone Conference with President Clark

Neva River Fall 2011

Neva River Fall 2011

Visa trip, Oct 1st 2011

Visa trip, Oct 1st 2011

Oh my aching jaw...

Oh my aching jaw...

Hermitage Museum on P-day!

Hermitage Museum on P-day!

Me, Svetlana and Elder Loskutov

Me, Svetlana and Elder Loskutov

Birthday lunch with Kostya

Birthday lunch with Kostya

My friend, Grisha

My friend, Grisha

Service for Babushka

Service for Babushka

MTC Missionaries in Estonia

MTC Missionaries in Estonia

Waiting in Estonia...

Waiting in Estonia...


Visit from Elder Russell M. Nelson

Visit from Elder Russell M. Nelson

Elders Larsen and Anthony

Elders Larsen and Anthony

Our MTC teacher surprise visit!

Our MTC teacher surprise visit!


Podvodov family gave powerful talks!

Podvodov family gave powerful talks!
Pskov, Russia Branch


Vyborg Castle

Vyborg Castle

St Olaf's Castle Where We Do Service Work

St Olaf's Castle Where We Do Service Work

Beautiful Vyborg on the Sea of Finland

Beautiful Vyborg on the Sea of Finland

Vyborg

Vyborg

Misty day in Kaliningrad

Misty day in Kaliningrad

Kaliningrad District May 2010

Kaliningrad District May 2010

Russian MTC Group

Russian MTC Group

Russian MTC Zone at Provo Temple

Russian MTC Zone at Provo Temple

03 March 2011

Emergency Transfer to Pskov~


Well, you can disregard what I said about me serving in St. Petersburg... I've been transferred! You heard that Elder Andersen has been having a bad intestinal infection? Well it's getting worse, and they want him to serve closer to the clinics in St. Petersburg so they can figure out what is up. 

I got a call on Sunday morning right before me and Elder Svirskiy were going to head out the door to go and pick up the Africans to take them to church. It was the AP's and they said that I needed to pack immediately and come to the office, as I was being transfered to Pskov. It is a city about 5 1/2 hours south of St. Petersburg, in the place of Elder Nick Andersen, so he can see the doctors there. So I packed all my stuff, called the zone leaders to tell them they needed to pick up the Africans, we went to the office, which is the same building for the branch in that area. Brother Balashov drove me and President down to Pskov where we helped Elder Andersen switch with me.... My new companion is Elder Loskutov from Russia. He is from a small island that is near Japan and he is 6 months on the mission. He looks alot like B.P., and I think if B.P. spoke Russian they would sound the same! Acts a little like him too, sometimes. He is 22 years old, and has the same birthday as me and Cody.  Elder Svirskiy will be with the office elders until Elder Andersen is feeling better, and then they will serve together in Avtovo. Elder Andersen will be with the AP's while he sees the doctors... Yeah, CRAZY WEEK! Hope Elder Andersen feels better soon!! 

Elder Andersen was not happy to leave Pskov, and he really felt bad because I had to leave my area for him, but I told him it's no biggie for me, and it's not. The most important thing is that HE is healthy on the mission!! I see why he was sad to leave Pskov though. Cool place.

Pskov is a lot like Utah in the aspect that you walk 10 minutes from any church and you will be at another church, except here they are Orthodox. Our branch building here is even across the street from an Orthodox church. The branch is small here, only about 8 active members. The branch president's name is Aleksay and he is only 27 years old. Elder Loskutov knows him because he served on that island for his mission. Small world!

The apartment here is really nice... Maybe the best in the mission. It looks like an American home on the inside. Pskov is a good looking area. Lots of parks everywhere, lots of old architechture, squares, bridges, etc. A lot better than the city. I got sick of all the building in the city after only a week. This kind of reminds me of Vyborg a little bit.

I did get your email last week, but didn't have time to send you something saying I got it. Thanks for the email of course.:)

Thanks for the pics of Brae. Looks like he is having fun! He got shot at?!!! That's crazy! Tell his mom to tell him hi for me!

Thanks for the advice, Dad. I needed to hear that. I sometimes don't want to think about things before my mission because I don't want to get homesick, but I don't want to be a robot and just go through the motions here or forget about stuff back home. It's good to hear that it's okay to think about home as long as you don't dwell on it.

I will be sending a letter to Kallie Brooke this week or the next, depending on when I can find the time to write one out and go to the post office.  Tell Meleea good luck on the country music tickets, with her luck she'll win! She wins all those things, I swear. She deserves to win though!  

Have you heard about BP lately? How is he doing?

You ask very often if you can send me something and I have a request. Can you send me an American Frisbee? President Aumeister in Petergof wants one, as they "don't make them like they do there" he says.

Well gotta run and write a letter to President.

Take care of yourselves! Have fun! Keep smiling! Be of Good Cheer! "Paka" (Bye)
Love,
Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment