Beautiful Russia!

Beautiful Russia!


Our great friend, Roma made dinner for us!

Our great friend, Roma made dinner for us!

Elder Rasmussen is very excited to see real food!

Elder Rasmussen is very excited to see real food!


Companion and friend, Elder Jake Rasmussen

Companion and friend, Elder Jake Rasmussen


Trifecta's Last Time In Estonia

Trifecta's Last Time In Estonia

With my wonderful friend, Faik.

With my wonderful friend, Faik.

Sunrise, at One P.M.

Sunrise, at One P.M.

Petrozadovsk District

Petrozadovsk District

Lake at Petrozavodsk

Lake at Petrozavodsk


North Zone Conference Nov. 2011

North Zone Conference Nov. 2011

Thanksgiving Dinner 2011

Thanksgiving Dinner 2011

First Zone Conference with President Clark

First Zone Conference with President Clark

Neva River Fall 2011

Neva River Fall 2011

Visa trip, Oct 1st 2011

Visa trip, Oct 1st 2011

Oh my aching jaw...

Oh my aching jaw...

Hermitage Museum on P-day!

Hermitage Museum on P-day!

Me, Svetlana and Elder Loskutov

Me, Svetlana and Elder Loskutov

Birthday lunch with Kostya

Birthday lunch with Kostya

My friend, Grisha

My friend, Grisha

Service for Babushka

Service for Babushka

MTC Missionaries in Estonia

MTC Missionaries in Estonia

Waiting in Estonia...

Waiting in Estonia...


Visit from Elder Russell M. Nelson

Visit from Elder Russell M. Nelson

Elders Larsen and Anthony

Elders Larsen and Anthony

Our MTC teacher surprise visit!

Our MTC teacher surprise visit!


Podvodov family gave powerful talks!

Podvodov family gave powerful talks!
Pskov, Russia Branch


Vyborg Castle

Vyborg Castle

St Olaf's Castle Where We Do Service Work

St Olaf's Castle Where We Do Service Work

Beautiful Vyborg on the Sea of Finland

Beautiful Vyborg on the Sea of Finland

Vyborg

Vyborg

Misty day in Kaliningrad

Misty day in Kaliningrad

Kaliningrad District May 2010

Kaliningrad District May 2010

Russian MTC Group

Russian MTC Group

Russian MTC Zone at Provo Temple

Russian MTC Zone at Provo Temple

19 December 2011

The Spirit of Christmas is the Holy Ghost, Who Testifies of Christ.

Well first things first. I am a little confused at what time it will be for you when I call, because this year Russia got rid of Daylight savings time and i'm all mixed up. It will be between 7 and 8 here when I am calling, so I think it will be between 9 and 10 back home YOUR time. Elder Rasmussen might call first and gets to call his Mom and Dad, so It will probably be closer to 10 when I call. What are you all doing for Christmas other than waiting for our calls and going to church? Invited anywhere for dinner? When is Cody calling? Probably earlier or later than me since he has to get to Church in New York.


Natalie Bonner is a girl I went to school with, yes. That's great that she is going to the Canada Toronto Mission! I bet you congratulated her already, Mom! ha ha.

I don't think that I have seen the sun for at least a month... The clouds always are covering the sky and that is all I see. But we fixed that problem. We made sure all the lights in our apartment are new and together with the help of 2 Christmas trees we have plenty of light to get our spirits up at home. Christ helps too! He is the Light and the Life!

You'd get along with Russians with your essential oils, Mom. That kind of stuff seems to be getting big here too. Must be a global thing.


Say hi to all the "mission friends" who are back home now! Weird that will be me soon. Ryan Nelson called me to ask a question about the mission. I didn't know it was him and was confused when I heard English in the phone, but it sure was great to hear his voice. The banana bread recipe that Natalie Parker (that's weird to call her that! ha ha) wanted is one that I got from Sister Drenan and changed to make it my own. Ha ha. One thing that I've started to learn how to do on my mission is cook. I think things are usually healthy when you cook them yourself anyway.

Well I have a train to St. Petersburg on Tuesday and will be there until 
next Tuesday due to the Christmas Party, an exchange with the Zone Leaders, and a VT on Monday. (Last time on my mission.) I hope to stop by Grisha and see his new baby girl, and see some other wonderful friends from Shoovalova! Things are going by soooo fast.

This week we found 2 new investigators from people we contacted on the street. The Lord is helping us more and more as we put our trust in Him as "we open our mouths and testify of Christ." Both really nice guys, one named Maxim, the other Mihail. Humble guys with great questions.

It's so weird how you are meeting so many people who speak Russian now that I'm in Russia. That's great though! You will know who I can talk to to keep it up. I've been thinking about school and I decided I'm going to probably major in Chemistry and Minor in Russian, or even double Major.

Remember to keep the Christmas Spirit with you! The Spirit of Christmas is the Holy Ghost who testifies of Christ, who died for our sins, because He was One with the Father, who is God. As John said, God is Love. Remember to LOVE this Christmas and ALWAYS! 


MERRY CHRISTMAS!

I LOVE YOU !
Keep Smiling. Be of Good Cheer!
Blake



No comments:

Post a Comment