Beautiful Russia!

Beautiful Russia!


Our great friend, Roma made dinner for us!

Our great friend, Roma made dinner for us!

Elder Rasmussen is very excited to see real food!

Elder Rasmussen is very excited to see real food!


Companion and friend, Elder Jake Rasmussen

Companion and friend, Elder Jake Rasmussen


Trifecta's Last Time In Estonia

Trifecta's Last Time In Estonia

With my wonderful friend, Faik.

With my wonderful friend, Faik.

Sunrise, at One P.M.

Sunrise, at One P.M.

Petrozadovsk District

Petrozadovsk District

Lake at Petrozavodsk

Lake at Petrozavodsk


North Zone Conference Nov. 2011

North Zone Conference Nov. 2011

Thanksgiving Dinner 2011

Thanksgiving Dinner 2011

First Zone Conference with President Clark

First Zone Conference with President Clark

Neva River Fall 2011

Neva River Fall 2011

Visa trip, Oct 1st 2011

Visa trip, Oct 1st 2011

Oh my aching jaw...

Oh my aching jaw...

Hermitage Museum on P-day!

Hermitage Museum on P-day!

Me, Svetlana and Elder Loskutov

Me, Svetlana and Elder Loskutov

Birthday lunch with Kostya

Birthday lunch with Kostya

My friend, Grisha

My friend, Grisha

Service for Babushka

Service for Babushka

MTC Missionaries in Estonia

MTC Missionaries in Estonia

Waiting in Estonia...

Waiting in Estonia...


Visit from Elder Russell M. Nelson

Visit from Elder Russell M. Nelson

Elders Larsen and Anthony

Elders Larsen and Anthony

Our MTC teacher surprise visit!

Our MTC teacher surprise visit!


Podvodov family gave powerful talks!

Podvodov family gave powerful talks!
Pskov, Russia Branch


Vyborg Castle

Vyborg Castle

St Olaf's Castle Where We Do Service Work

St Olaf's Castle Where We Do Service Work

Beautiful Vyborg on the Sea of Finland

Beautiful Vyborg on the Sea of Finland

Vyborg

Vyborg

Misty day in Kaliningrad

Misty day in Kaliningrad

Kaliningrad District May 2010

Kaliningrad District May 2010

Russian MTC Group

Russian MTC Group

Russian MTC Zone at Provo Temple

Russian MTC Zone at Provo Temple

16 January 2012

The Beginning of The End...

Well, looks like this is my last full week on my mission! Weird. This place I've come to love and it will be hard to leave all my new friends, but I'm definitely excited to come home and see all my loved ones that I have been away from for so long... Maybe that is how God feels when someone dies... No wonder sometimes missionaries use the slang that you die and leave your mission life. ha ha.


Can you get a copy of Jayden's talk from Aunt Traci? I'd like to read it. He'll do great on his mission, and he'll never regret going!  Good Luck to Jayden!

We had a nice and fun dinner with Roma on Saturday. He's a good cook and a great friend! He made this mushroom stroganoff stuff and chicken, and I realized that I didn't really learn how to cook on my mission.... just forgot what good food tastes like! ha ha

 I don't even know what other souvenirs to get here. ha ha. Well, actually I can think of a couple. Maybe Cody and I can get some lunch in JFK terminal  too? I'll see Code-man before you all! ha ha ha!

Don't worry, I wear my hat, Mom. I just took it off for the pictures that Roma took as my hat comes down over my eyes almost, and you can't really see my face if I wear it sometimes. We had fun throwing snowballs!


Well, this week we met with our investigator who has the daughter who claims to see spirits, and we used what you advised us to say to him and really tried to invite the Spirit. It helped a lot and we testified that we know that he can find out for himself. He was in agreement for the most part, but didn't think that anyone could see God the Father Himself, only Jesus Christ, and he was reluctant to pray about it for himself. He wants to find out from his daughter, and we testified the rest of the meeting about how God is our Heavenly Father and we all are His Children and have the opportunity to talk with Him in prayer and receive answers from Him. He said he would pray for himself, and would also come to sacrament meeting.

We had a great meeting with another investigator talking about the Plan of Salvation and he asked many great questions, especially about repentance and baptism. He also promised to come to church. Met with less actives and had them share their testimonies with us and talked about what a testimony is and what baptism testified of. They also said they would come to church. We called everyone the night before and reminded them to come. We offered to stop by and help and they all said they could make it there themselves... But no one came to church... I think that is the hardest thing to get people to do in Russia, and espeically here in Petrozavodsk. I don't know what we could be doing differently... We'll continue to try to improve to see more success. It still goes back to what  President Dieter F. Uchtdorf said, "Just do the best you can do and celebrate the good that you were able to accomplish."

Well, I've got to write a letter to President and want to say a quick "See Ya Soon" to Codes! 


I'll write one more time, and see you in a week and a half! Love you all! Can't wait to see you! You're all in my prayers!
Love,
Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment