Beautiful Russia!

Beautiful Russia!


Our great friend, Roma made dinner for us!

Our great friend, Roma made dinner for us!

Elder Rasmussen is very excited to see real food!

Elder Rasmussen is very excited to see real food!


Companion and friend, Elder Jake Rasmussen

Companion and friend, Elder Jake Rasmussen


Trifecta's Last Time In Estonia

Trifecta's Last Time In Estonia

With my wonderful friend, Faik.

With my wonderful friend, Faik.

Sunrise, at One P.M.

Sunrise, at One P.M.

Petrozadovsk District

Petrozadovsk District

Lake at Petrozavodsk

Lake at Petrozavodsk


North Zone Conference Nov. 2011

North Zone Conference Nov. 2011

Thanksgiving Dinner 2011

Thanksgiving Dinner 2011

First Zone Conference with President Clark

First Zone Conference with President Clark

Neva River Fall 2011

Neva River Fall 2011

Visa trip, Oct 1st 2011

Visa trip, Oct 1st 2011

Oh my aching jaw...

Oh my aching jaw...

Hermitage Museum on P-day!

Hermitage Museum on P-day!

Me, Svetlana and Elder Loskutov

Me, Svetlana and Elder Loskutov

Birthday lunch with Kostya

Birthday lunch with Kostya

My friend, Grisha

My friend, Grisha

Service for Babushka

Service for Babushka

MTC Missionaries in Estonia

MTC Missionaries in Estonia

Waiting in Estonia...

Waiting in Estonia...


Visit from Elder Russell M. Nelson

Visit from Elder Russell M. Nelson

Elders Larsen and Anthony

Elders Larsen and Anthony

Our MTC teacher surprise visit!

Our MTC teacher surprise visit!


Podvodov family gave powerful talks!

Podvodov family gave powerful talks!
Pskov, Russia Branch


Vyborg Castle

Vyborg Castle

St Olaf's Castle Where We Do Service Work

St Olaf's Castle Where We Do Service Work

Beautiful Vyborg on the Sea of Finland

Beautiful Vyborg on the Sea of Finland

Vyborg

Vyborg

Misty day in Kaliningrad

Misty day in Kaliningrad

Kaliningrad District May 2010

Kaliningrad District May 2010

Russian MTC Group

Russian MTC Group

Russian MTC Zone at Provo Temple

Russian MTC Zone at Provo Temple

24 January 2012

Time Warp~ Coming Home


Well, this is it... I'm coming home... Time warps happen on a mission. It couldn't be that time already. I'm about 90% excited and 10% sad to be coming home. I've been here for so long now and it's become a part of me.

So this last week was really crazy week, and a good way to end my mission. President Clark, Sister Clark along with Brother Balashov came up for the weekend to Petro where they met with the branch for a fireside Saturday and came to sacrament on Sunday. The fireside they talked about the importance of families, and that didn't make me trunky one bit, (Nope, not at all *suspicious look on my face*) where I translated for them and it was a great meeting. I had to say good-bye to everyone in Petro on Sunday as I had all my stuff packed and was leaving with President Clark right after church. It was weird, knowing that I'm not going to have a chance to be "transfered" back there or anywhere else in the mission, but I'll come back to Russia someday and until then there is always Facebook and "Contact", (Russian Facebook)

We got back late, and hadn't eaten anything, so the Clark's made us some German noodles called... well I don't remember. It started with "S". but they were really good! That's were Elder Clark served on his mission. (1st)

Yesterday was Elder Rasmussen's vt, so I was on an exchange with Elder Ash. That was fun! I think the craziest things happen to me when I am with Elder Ash. We came home for lunch and to warm up, when Elder Ash heard a noise and the toilet was overflowing with water and the bath was filling up, rising up from the drain! I wish someone had recorded us, because it would have been a really funny sight to see us. We shut off the water but that didn't do anything, so I ran around looking for the telephone while Elder Ash was grabbing towels and things to stop the flood and we talked with Sister Yefimova, our housing lady for the mission and with the apartment security and we got it to stop. It was a good thing that we were there or water would have filled the apartment. We found out that is was because the river has frozen over along with most pipes here in Peter in that part of the city, so it didn't have anywhere to go. Elder Ash and I were laughing, wondering why all the crazy stuff happens when we are around each other or serving with each other? ha ha. They will probably be shutting down that apartment and will have to go to a new one...

For my final P-day, I will be finishing my souvenir shopping and probably doing something with Elder Ash, Elder Wiser and Elder Rasmussen. Tomorrow will be my exit interview at 4, a dinner at 6 with the Clarks (which will be fantastic I'm sure) and then I don't know if I'll even be going to bed. ha ha. Will just have to leave for the airport soon after that.

I'll exchange some money and will get something to eat with the Code man in New York! I probably won't be that tired, as I will just sleep on the plane. It will be great to see him again. I've missed him too. It's weird sharing a room for 19 years, then not seeing each other at all for 2 years. I'm excited too! :)

I think I have to tell them my preference about the baggage when I check in. I will try to have them send everything straight to Salt Lake. We were able to do it that way coming here, so I don't think that it will be a problem. (Don't jinx it though.)

I just realized that if I asked you a question here, you would just answer it on Thursday, so I guess I don't have any questions to ask right now. I'll ask them then.

Well, see you soon. :) I've learned a lot on my mission. So much. I could talk for hours and hours about it all. But I can also sum it up in a few words: GOD LOVES US. The more you learn about Him, the more you understand. He truly loves us all.

With love
Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment